Calendar of Events & Activities
- May 18: Kilgour 5K Run/Walk at 7pm
- May 19: Kilgour Carnival from 11am-5pm
- May 21: LSDMC Meeting at 4:30pm at the library
- May 25: Field Day
- May 29: 6th Grade Moving On Ceremony at 2pm / Awards Day 4th Quarter
- May 30: Transition Day / Last Day of School for Students/ 6th Grade Swim Party
The Kilgour Elementary faculty and staff would like to THANK the PTA and all parents for their support in various ways throughout the school year. We would not be the EXCELLENT school without each of you! A large terra cotta planter with flowers was presented to the PTA during the May PTA meeting.
Thank You for Your Continued Support and/or Participation with:
- Bowling Club Coordination
- Staff Flower Day
- KSB Recognition Night
- Tutor/Volunteer Reception Attendance and PTA Sponsorship
- Carnival Raffle Kick-Off and Activities
- Support of the OAA and Terra Nova Testing Week
- Year Long Teacher/Staff Appreciation
- Everybody Counts Volunteers and Coordinators
- Multicultural Fair Participants
- Fine Arts Nights Attendance/Support
- Upcoming 5K and Carnival & Field Day Support
- Special Student Art Mural Dedication: Donated by Ms. Nored
A Warm Welcome To Our New Kilgour Staff!
Additional staff updates and school changes for the upcoming year are forthcoming.
- William "Andy" Houston as our new Music teacher who is continuing the musical tradition of his family.
- Carla Lamb as our new Art Teacher who is joining us from Clark Montessori.
Congratulations to the Following Students and Staff!!
- Kilgour Girls On The Run Team and staff in their Final 5K on May 12th at Paul Brown Stadium. The GOTR Team included: Emme Gerth,Sarah Shirey, Anna Carli, Caroline Horvath, Caroline Wetzel, Reilly Dolan, Nicola Thompson-Hill, Ally Britton, Kit Fixler, Chloe LaSarge, Zoe Barron, Alana Tolentino, Alexandra Leurck, Katie Sutkamp and Heaven Thomas.
- In addition, two non-GOTR students ran Saturday including Audra Gerth and Luke Shirey who proudly acknowledges that his 27 minute time was the fastest Kilgour time! Our Kilgour teachers Ms. Cosmah and Ms. Bisher also participated!
- 6th grade students: Julia Erhorn, Jack Russell, Jason Hipskind, and Jayla Strickland. Their 6th grade Capstone presentation was selected for the Student Expo for Kilgour School. The Event was sponsored by GE.
- Carol Goad, our Kilgour Gifted Specialist and students: Katie Solinsky, Charlie Patterson, Alec Heekin, and Alex Harmann for The Economics Center 2012 Stock Market game portfolio challenge.
- Kilgour Brain Bowl Team members for 2012: Luke McSherry, Will Fitton, Peter Schlueter, Peter Featherston, Amiri Diop-West, Carlo Bronzie, Noah Bigger, Alec Heekin, Warren Parry, Conrad Kleiner, Will Berlage and Lucy Schlueter.
- Donna Kavanaugh, our 4th grade teacher who was recognized as candidate for Hawkins Educator of the Year Award from Western Southern Financial.
- Mrs. Robers who welcomed new arrival "Lucia" at 8lbs, 7ozs.
Please Check Your Contact Information in PowerSchool!
PowerSchool is a powerful tool and we hope you are using it to keep up to date on your child's progress in school. In the near future, PowerSchool may be used to create our school directory! Families will still have the option to opt out of the directory if they prefer. Please take a moment to check your address, phone number, and email address in PowerSchool. Addresses for parents living in different households can be entered.
Here is how to do it:
- Log in to PowerSchool:
- Click on the demographics tab.
- Check your address, phone number, and email address.
Please notify Audrey Law at 363-3000 or
of any corrections.
Kilgour 5K Run/Walk and Carnival is This Weekend!
**********SPECIAL NOTE FOR FRIDAY, MAY 18th*************
Carnival setup will begin on Friday morning. As a result, the Car Rider Pickup will NOT be available since the buses will load students in that area. Car riders' parents are to park and walk to meet their child/ren in the Walker area by the Kindergarten play area.
Calling All Bakers! You Bake It, We'll Sell It!
What: Kilgour Carnival Bake Sale
Examples: Cupcakes, Cookies, Brownies, Rice Crispy Treats, Pies or Cakes!
When: May 19, 2012
How: Drop off baked goods at the school office Friday May 18, 2012 or during the carnival.
Questions? Call Susan Flynn 871-6040 or
Last Chance for Kilgour 5K Pre-Registration!
The deadline to pre-register online for the Kilgour 5K is Tuesday, May 15th. After the pre-registration deadline, the registration fee goes up from $10 to $15 dollars. Please click here to pre-register online.
Kilgour Raffle Sale
Please turn in all tickets and money by Thursday, May 17th
This week is the last week for the 2012 Raffle Season. All tickets and money must be turned in by Thursday, 5/17 at 9:30am. The top 20 raffle ticket sellers will choose from this season's great top seller prizes, and it is not too late to be entered into the drawing for one of two Kindle WiFi eReaders. All you have to do is sell more than $30 in raffle tickets to qualify for the drawing.
If you have won one of this year's weekly incentive prizes (10 free raffle tickets, a chance to dunk-a-teacher, or a Golden Head of the Line pass) then you may pick up those items at the Carnival ticket booth starting at 11:00am on the day of the Carnival.
Kilgour Carnival Reminders & Tips
- Thursday, May 17 is the last day to turn in your Raffle tickets and money.
- To ensure you have a good time:
- Bring cash or checks – we don’t have an ATM or credit card machine.
- Bring a bag (small back pack) to hold your game prizes.
- Enter the parking lot on the left side of the school, and the ticket booth will be on your right.
- Please don’t park in front of our neighbors’ driveways.
- Games & Rides Ticket Sales: Carnival tickets will be on sale after school May 15-17 in front of Kilgour. Most rides and games are 1-3 tickets. Make checks payable to Kilgour PTA.
- Pre-sale ticket prices are: $10 for 25 tickets; $20 for 50 tickets
- Day of Carnival prices are: $10 for 20 tickets; $20 for 40 tickets
Carnival and 5K Parent Sponsorships
It's not too late to be a sponsor of the Carnival or 5K run! Please consider being a parent sponsor for the Carnival or 5K run. We offer a variety of sponsorship levels for parents, starting at just $50. You can sponsor a booth, a water station or even a port-o-let! You can have a lot of fun with your donation, and of course, it is tax deductible! Donate or learn more about sponsorship opportunities here. Thank you in advance for your generous support!
Don't be the only one without a shirt! Order your carnival t-shirt using this order form.
Walnut Hills Football Camp
Calling all interested football players who will be 3rd to 7th graders next year....Walnut Hills High School just completed its most winning season ever! Join Head Coach Kontsis and his entire coaching staff for an intensive, informative football camp, June 18-21, 5:30- 7:45 p.m. at Walnut Hills football stadium (Marx Stadium.) Learn more and register using this form. Questions? Please call the football office at 363-8662.
Enrollment for the 2012-2013 in Progress
Street changes are currently being made by the district as a result of the re-opening of Hyde Park School. Students and families currently in attendance at Kilgour are able to REMAIN at Kilgour School. If there are questions in regards to your street, please feel free to contact Ms. Law in our office at 363-3001, or the District Parent Center at 363-30123.
If you have an upcoming kindergartener or sibling planning to join us next year, please be sure to submit the registration information ASAP, preferably by May 31st. Information assists with proper preparation of staff and resources for students for the upcoming year.
Ideas/Suggestions for Next School Year?
Please contact Angela Frazier Cook at