Several PTA-sponsored events and programs take place throughout the school year to raise funds that support all Kilgour students.
Silent Auction – The Kilgour PTA will host our 9th Annual Silent Auction event on Friday, November 13th starting at 7:00 -11:00 PM at The Center in downtown Cincinnati. The adult only event will have a schedule of exciting and fun activities including a silent auction, live auction, games, raffles, and party sign-ups (known as our Great Gatherings) in which all proceeds go to the Kilgour PTA to help provide important tools and programs for our students and faculty.
Carnival – The Kilgour PTA will host the 2016 Kilgour Carnival - a major fundraiser for Kilgour School on Saturday, May 13, 2016 from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM on the Kilgour School Grounds. The highly anticipated family event will have a schedule of exciting and fun activities to celebrate our year and support our excellent school! Games, rides, raffles, prizes, food, bake sale, flower sale, and party sign-ups (known as our Great Gatherings) are just a few of the exciting reasons to participate in the weekend activities.
Great Gatherings – Host or attend over 25 unique parent/teacher-hosted parties in which 100% of the ticket proceeds go to the Kilgour PTA. Tickets sales being at the Silent Auction, Carnival and are available after their introduction online.
Spaghetti Dinner – Come eat, dance, and socialize at our annual Spaghetti Dinner on Friday, March 18, 2016 in the Kilgour School Cafeteria. During the evening, visit the Scholastic Book Fair and Kilgour Spirit Shop.
Flower Sales – Place your spring and summer blooms order in February (with deliveries in March and May) to support our annual fundraiser. A percent of the proceeds go back to the Kilgour PTA.
Restaurant Nights – Participate in monthly family discount nights with our local neighborhood restaurants. A percent of the proceeds go to the Kilgour PTA.
LaRosa’s Buddy Cards – Purchase a $10 LaRosa’s Buddy Card at most PTA events. The shopper card fundraiser offers 14 pizza deals per card with 50% of proceeds returning to the Kilgour PTA.
Reward Programs – Participate in our year round shopper programs with a percent of all sales proceeds returning to the Kilgour PTA from Kroger, Remke, Target, Coke Rewards & Amazon Smile (coming soon).
- Label Programs – Collect Box Tops for Education ($0.10 each) and Labels for Education (1, 2 or 5 points each) to redeem cash and academic, arts, and athletic equipment for Kilgour School! Students participate in quarterly homeroom competitions with the winning room earning a party.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.
Sponsored by Sea of Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
The Silent Auction is the biggest fundraiser for your school!
When: SAVE THE DATE: Friday, November 13th
Where: The Center (Old Contemporary Arts Bldg), Downtown-115 E.5th Street
What: Silent Auction (adults only) FUN, FUN, FUN - with complimentary hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks/coffee, cash bar & GAMES and AUCTION!!!
How To Get There: Enjoy $20 off your first UBER ride with promo code 6TJFRUE!
The Kilgour PTA will host our 9th Annual Silent Auction event on Friday, November 13th starting at 7:00 PM. The adult only event will have a schedule of exciting and fun activities including a silent auction, live auction, games, raffles, and party sign-ups (known as our Great Gatherings) in which all proceeds go to the Kilgour PTA. The funds raised help the PTA purchase new books for the library, technology investments, give teachers funds to buy classroom supplies, and provide enrichment programs & field trips – like the COSI(science) and Cincinnati Symphony.
Start date –
End date – (paper forms due )
Sponsored by Parker Bailey Lifetime Financial Growth, LLC
The Kilgour PTA will host the 2016 Kilgour Carnival on Saturday, May 14th from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM on the Kilgour School Grounds. This highly anticipated community building event will have games, rides, raffles, prizes, food, bake sale, and party sign-ups (known as “Great Gatherings”). Previous carnival proceeds have helped contribute iPads for every classroom, Mustang Monday Enrichment Program, field trip transportation, Center for Science & Industry (COSI) Fair, and many other programs that provide our students with the necessary tools to strengthen our educational environment. Here are a few ways you can help:
• Volunteer at your class booth – look for communications from your class Room Parents or volunteer online through SignupGenius
• Encourage your child to sell 30 tickets and win incentives in the Student Raffle Drive - see program details in your child’s raffle packet.
• Donate an item for the Gift Basket Raffle.
• Become a Family Sponsor - sponsor one of 30 booths at our event
• Make an item for the Bake Sale
• Participate in the 5K or Kid Run – run or walk the 3.1 mile course in our neighborhood or have your child participate in the shorter kids’ course (visit www.kilgoursports.org for more details)
• Or contact the event committee to help in other ways!
Game & Ride Tickets
The annual student Raffle drive is a great way to involve our kids in school fundraising! All students are asked to sell 30 tickets to their family, friends and neighbors. Tickets and money will be submitted on Thursdays leading up to May 14th. Ticket prices are 1 for $1 or 3 for $2 with an opportunity to win the Grand Prize of $500, 2nd prize of $250 or 3rd prize of $100. Students can earn prizes for weekly sales, and overall top sellers will win big!
We could not put on a Carnival every year if it weren’t for our Volunteers! Help is needed on three fronts over the course of the weekend. Volunteer online through SignupGenius
- Set-Up (9:15 AM – 3:30 PM) – Volunteers are needed to set up booths, tables, hang signs and prep the gym. We supply lunch!
Booths (10:45 AM – 5:30 PM) –Each classroom is assigned a booth. Any family that works 2+ hours will receive Game & Ride Ticket incentives! Please sign up for your classroom booths!
- At least 2 hours = 5 game & ride tickets
- At least 4 hours = 10 game & ride tickets
- At least 6 hours = 15 game & ride tickets
Tear Down (5:00 – 6:00 PM) –. Please consider sticking around to lend a hand – when we have enough volunteers, it goes quickly!
Kilgour Sports Boosters 5K
On Friday, May 15th at 7:00 PM, the Kilgour Sports Boosters will host the annual 5K and Kid Run! Run or walk the 3.1 mile course in our neighborhood or have your child participate in the shorter kids' course. To register and for more information, visit www.kilgoursports.org.
- Kilgour has teamed up with Mellow Mushroom for our final restaurant nights of the year! Bring your Mustangs in for Mellow Mushroom Mondays on May 9th, 16th and 23rd for some pizza and fundraising. Present the flyer and Kilgour will receive 20% of your total bill (dine-in or carry-out). Please check out the flyer for more details. We hope to see you there!
Interested in Hosting?
Kilgour Families love their community, and as a way of saying thanks we want to offer our purchasing power. Previous hosts include:
- Bueno Terra
- Sidekix Asian Cuisine
- Currito Burrito
- Teller's Of Hyde Park
- Noodles & Co
- Mellow Mushroom
- Orange Leaf
- Romeos Pizza
- LaRosa's Buddy Cards: Find out how you can get a buddy card that donates a portion of your purchases back to Kilgour!
Recycle & Upcycle
- Second Story Auctions: This Spring, our PTA will partner with Second Story Auctions to organize an online auction of donated household items to benefit Kilgour School. Please consider contributing gently used furniture, household goods, outdoor items, antiques, collectibles, artwork, jewelry and other items toward our auction fundraiser. More information regarding the drop-off schedule and auction event will be posted soon.
- Amazonsmile: Instead of shopping with regular Amazon, shop with AmazonSmile. Same platform just a portion of the sale goes to our dedicated organization. Be sure to select "PTA Ohio Congress Kilgour Elementary" when chosing your charity organization!
- Kroger Community Rewards: Kilgour Elementary PTA School ID: 80865. Register your Free Kroger Rewards Card once a year to earn cash for Kilgour!
- Target Red Card: Take Charge of Education. School ID: 82145
- Remke Community Rewards: Sign up and 2% of every purchase will go back to Kilgour.
- Box Tops: Earn 10 cents for every top, with hundreds of products to pick from. Turn labels in anytime in the school mailroom. Kilgour has earned over $2367 in 2015-16!
- Labels For Education: Hundreds of products participate in the Labels for Education program. Look for the Labels for Education logo and point value near the product’s UPC symbol. Our goal this year is to collect 10,000 points, and so far we have earned 9,000. It's easy to help - simply save UPCs and beverage/sauce caps from participating products and drop them off at Kilgour Elementary.
- Tyson Project A+: Turn labels in anytime in plastic bag labeled 'tyson' in the mailroom.
Kilgour PTA's sponsors play an important role in supporting the work PTA does for our children. When you work with the PTA, your family or company demonstrates its commitment to improving the life and education of every Kilgour student. Please consider becoming a “Friend of Kilgour” to support our school as a family or company sponsor.
The Kilgour PTA offers a sponsorship program with a variety of options that provide effective ways for families and businesses to introduce themselves or stay connected to our unique Kilgour School community. We encourage you to look at each level and join at the level of commitment that is right for you. If you would like to contribute in other ways, we also appreciate donated auction items, gift certificates, promotional discounts, or a cash donations.
Thank you for helping the PTA support Kilgour School!