Kilgour Carnival is an annual family friendly community event. The day includes over 40 games and rides, a wonderful concessions stand, a rocking DJ, face painting, basket raffle, cash raffle, and bake sale. The Kilgour 5K Run is held Friday night creating an entire fun filled weekend.
The Carnival is also one of our biggest fundraising events. The money we raise goes to support our many before and after school clubs, field trips, assemblies, teachers’ fund and many other extras that help Kilgour stand out above the rest!
There are many, many volunteer opportunities. It requires the whole Kilgour family to work together to make this a successful event.
Key Carnival Events:
- Games & Rides – There are over 40 various games & rides setup at booths. Each classroom is assigned a certain game that they are responsible for running the entire day, from set-up to tear down. Games & rides includes Candyland, Money Tree, Hug a Teacher, Bearcat Football, Fish pond, Dunking Booth and several “Bounce Houses”.
- 5K Run –on the Friday night before the Carnival, we have a 5K run. This is an awesome family outing with music, food, prizes and much more.
- Bake Sale – contribute items and then eat some during the event.
- Basket Raffle – each room donates themed items to create fabulous baskets. There are various themes including Coffee & Tea, Weekend Barbeque, Pool Fun, etc.
- Cash Raffle – we also have a Cash Raffle. Buy tickets for a chance to win $500, $250 or $100. Kids who sell the most tickets win prizes.
A great way to help if you can’t donate your actual time is to be a sponsor of the Carnival. You can be a featured event sponsor, sponsor a booth/game or even sponsor a Port-o-let!
These are the memories you and your families will look back on forever and cherish, so please help support our wonderful school.